Friday, December 14, 2007

God's Plan


Today is one week since we left America. Feels like a month! Time passes very slowly here. People are very simple, way of life I guess. Up untill yesterday I have felt very frustrated about our being here. I have enjoyed it and seen many new things and experienced awesome stuff, but not what the purpose I came here for. We realized that Pastor Manot did not have the correct understanding of why we were here. We sat him down and told him..now he knows! Our purpose is to show God's love to these kids and help physically if they "need" it. In north eastern Thailand, where we have spent this last week, we can do this through creating fun acitivities for the poor children and minister to them during these events! This is progress and productive. Providing a few clothes, food, or school supplies is great, but if we can not give them God and help them grow in the Lord....all is lost. "The poor will never cease from the land..." Det 15:11, this I know, but the poor and rich will die..and poor or not, without excepting God will perish eternally. This is what weighs on my heart. Its very difficult to see children in physical need and it is heart wrenching and we can help with this and will, but it is more difficult to see kids who might not ever learn of God because they live in 95% Buddhist country and no one will ever teach them. I thank God for what he is showing us all on this trip and I am happy to be his servant. The proclaimers have already had an impact on people. I have seen 3 people cry in front of me when I gave it to them and turned it on......that is the power of God! I pray they will use it to minister to others.
We had a christmas celebration last night at the church in Camlod or something and played games with the kids, gave food and presents, and told the christmas story. I am completely filled with joy at moments like that! That is why I came. To serve and Love while here and to see how I can continue to help when I return to the U.S. The pure happiness of the children just does it for me! Kids are kids all over the world and I love it.
Tonight we go to North West Thailand near Chang Mai where there is the Burmese refugee camps. Pray God will show us what he wants to use us for there. I am lookin forward to it. 10 hour bus trip over night, but looking forward to it. I understand why Jesus traveled with apostles. These guys have been great and they help keep you strong!
Googles I love you!

A.J. Jackson Forgotten Foundation

2 comments:

Kat-trina said...

It was so nice to hear your voice last night! Good luck on your bus trip! I love you too hun!

Mikey Mike said...

Aj, you are the man my hommie. I'm glad you are frustrated with the focus of your trip. That tells me that you truly understand why God has brought you to Thailand. I enjoy reading all your guys' stories so continue to tell them. Keep up the good work and continue to strive for "doing what you is meant to do". Love all you guys (even Aaron).
Mike