Monday, December 17, 2007

Burma Border

We are currently a stone throw away from Burma. There is a big river that seperates Thailand and Burma. We are staying in Blue's little "cell phone repair shop" about a block from the river. (the shop is a side job for him) It is absolutely breathtaking here! Beautiful! God's craftmanship really shows in this place. Yesterday we went and visited a Burmeese refugee camp. This camp holds 50,000+ people. It is like a small city. I thought are purpose might be here, but God seems to have other plans for us. Google, 'Burmeese refugees in Thailand' to learn more, but long story short, our purpose is not in these camps. There is a ton of support from all over from big organizations. After the camps we jumped on the motor bikes and rode 2 to a bike the 50 Kilo back to Blue's house. Uncomfortable, but the scenary is way legit! I had spoke with Pastor Manot about our priorities and how we feel God is leading us and we made a decision to head North to where we are now. I am sorry, I dont know the name. We visited a small community of Karen people living in Thailand just across the river from Burma. These people have been forced out of Burma by the Burmeese Government. they cant go to the refugee camps because they have not I.D., they have no I.D. because they were part of small farming communities in Burma. They are confined to these small villages now because the Thai government does not really want them here. It is a very bad, poor, sad situation. I have personnally felt God calling me to these people. I feel this is where are work here will be! Today we will talk to the people with a Karen / Thai / English translator and figure out what we can do. Your prayers our greatly needed and appreciated! I am truly thankful for everyday I can serve here. I am doing great. These people need God and physical help and we have been blessed with the ability to help them. Talk to you soon!

A.J.
(please no grammar correction, i know i suck at spelling good)

2 comments:

joel G said...

you know you suck at spelling well...
Love you guys.

Jeyra said...

I love you and your bad speling! :-) Praying for God's guidance over there; I know that He will show you His purpose and that amazing things will happen! P.S. I am doing bunches of research and boning up on my Thai/Burmese history.
Love you!
Shannon